Game: Guess this food

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Georgiana
    replied
    Re: Game: Guess this food

    Looking at the positive... at least there's no added sugar in the batter!

    Leave a comment:


  • Georgiana
    replied
    Re: Game: Guess this food

    1 Twinkie
    1 cup plain flour
    1/2 cup corn flour
    How big is a Twinkie if it asks for 1-1/2 cup of flour?

    Leave a comment:


  • liv
    replied
    Re: Game: Guess this food

    Deep Fried Twinkies

    Leave a comment:


  • Georgiana
    replied
    Re: Game: Guess this food

    Deep fried??? Aren't these some sort of cakes with cream? It never crossed my mind to fry cakes! LOL!

    Leave a comment:


  • liv
    replied
    Re: Game: Guess this food

    Originally posted by Georgiana View Post
    I feel lucky. Never had a Twinkie. I actually had to google what it is.
    Not even deep fried with a sprinkle of icing sugar?

    Leave a comment:


  • Georgiana
    replied
    Re: Game: Guess this food

    I feel lucky. Never had a Twinkie. I actually had to google what it is.

    Leave a comment:


  • mission to lose
    replied
    Re: Game: Guess this food

    Originally posted by mizski View Post
    Yep, I was one of the two. OK, so I'm dense or maybe I was fixated on my sugar pie memories.

    Do people really like twinkies? I tried one as a kid (looong time ago) and didn't like it so how good could they be?

    p.s. I bet they didn't have all those chemicals in them either back in the 60s.

    Well Mizski,

    I was under the impression they were one of the major food groups...

    ...probably less chemicals back then, yes, the taste has changed a bit, but to me ---a super Sugar and Carb - A - Holic....they followed me through adulthood on and off. More "on" the last 6 months before I started Atkins--they kept me in a pretty good feeling Sugar Haze, and helped me hit bottom before I got back up and decided to follow the Atkins WOE after some major research and reading on the ADBB.

    Leave a comment:


  • mizski
    replied
    Re: Game: Guess this food

    Originally posted by mission to lose View Post
    That's what I thought...but two people still were guessing so I thought I misunderstood!!! LOL
    Yep, I was one of the two. OK, so I'm dense or maybe I was fixated on my sugar pie memories.

    Do people really like twinkies? I tried one as a kid (looong time ago) and didn't like it so how good could they be?

    p.s. I bet they didn't have all those chemicals in them either back in the 60s.

    Leave a comment:


  • mission to lose
    replied
    Re: Game: Guess this food

    That's what I thought...but two people still were guessing so I thought I misunderstood!!! LOL


    Isn't there a little hockey game today?

    Leave a comment:


  • liv
    replied
    Re: Game: Guess this food

    Yes you did get the prize - it was/is twinkies
    Great "food" to eat if you want a mixture of transfat and sugars and a bunch of chemicals usually only found in soap.

    Leave a comment:


  • mission to lose
    replied
    Re: Game: Guess this food

    Originally posted by liv View Post
    You think so eh -



    The treat with 26 ingredients most of which are sugars and chemicals.
    But that is what it is.
    I wonder what the glycemic index of a twinkie is?
    Hi Liv,

    Was that a YES to Twinkies or a NO? I am confused.

    Leave a comment:


  • liv
    replied
    Re: Game: Guess this food

    There are things that are insanely Atkins illegal that I may want to but for this particular food reading the list of ingredients just is such a buzz killer for me.

    Leave a comment:


  • mizski
    replied
    Re: Game: Guess this food

    Sugar pie?

    Would you believe I still want some? Well...my mind wants some.

    Leave a comment:


  • liv
    replied
    Re: Game: Guess this food

    Originally posted by Aprile View Post
    Whoops first guess was off, no cinnamon. How about Cornbread?
    No - not quite - it is a treaty food though.

    Leave a comment:


  • mission to lose
    replied
    Re: Game: Guess this food

    Originally posted by liv View Post
    I know. We have probably all been there


    for a 40gr twinkie you get
    Total Fat 4.5g Saturated Fat 2.5g Cholesterol 20mg Sodium 220mg Total Carbohydrates 27g Sugars 19g Protein 1g and countless chemicals and preservatives. A true bargain. LOL

    Liv, the sodium level isn't too bad!!!
    LOL

    Leave a comment:

Working...