new member

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • belle38663
    ADBB Amateur
    • Sep 17, 2007
    • 4

    #1

    new member

    Hi,
    I learn I was diabetic in August. So I am trying to learn as much as I can.
    I have been doing Atkins since. The doctor gave me a ADA diet. I decided that I needed to do something different. I had been avoiding sugar since Jan to try to lose weight. I had also been walking 30 mins for 5 days a week. According to my scales I had lost 15 pounds but according to doctor's only 5 pounds. I have been losing about a pound a week and really like the Atkins because it doesn't seem like a diet. Thought I would join the board because everyone seems to help each other. Atkins is also helping my blood sugar to come down. I am not where I want to be I am fasting now at 130. I was 177 on August 6.
    Thanks for letting me share.
    belle38663
  • Bren
    *Administrator Emeritus*
    • Mar 29, 2003
    • 5509

    #2
    Re: new member

    Hi Belle!

    Welcome to the board. At the top of this forum is a sub forum....... it is loaded with information!
    Have you read the Atkins Book for Diabetics? It too is loaded with great information.
    Congratulations on your great loss and lower reading!!!
    AND.......congratulations on your exercise!
    Bren
    female


    218/150 calling it goal!
    3/30/03

    Comment

    • belle38663
      ADBB Amateur
      • Sep 17, 2007
      • 4

      #3
      Re: new member

      Yes I have read the information. I also have the Atkins Diabetes Revolution book. Thank-you for you interest and reply. I am not sure how my doctor will react to me doing Atkins. I got my lab results over the phone from his nurse and she told me to stop by the office to get the ADA diet. He also put me on a cholesterol med but I can't take it because of the side effects. You can't function when you are dizzy. I am hoping that my three month visit will be good.

      Comment

      • Bren
        *Administrator Emeritus*
        • Mar 29, 2003
        • 5509

        #4
        Re: new member

        Keep up your exercise and keep up your diet and those figures should look a lot better in three months!!
        Will be looking forward to seeing your success!!
        Bren
        female


        218/150 calling it goal!
        3/30/03

        Comment

        • BLAZING IN FL
          ADBB Admiral
          • Jun 15, 2007
          • 2518

          #5
          Re: new member

          Hey there and welcome to ADBB, this place is more than you will ever expect. I went to my Dr. on Thursday and she was thrilled I was on Atkins and thrilled i had lost so much weight....all my vitals were in check and she said this was the healthiest she had ever seen me....hopefully your Dr. will be in favor of Atkins.



          No Jeopardizing In January Challenge

          Comment

          • belle38663
            ADBB Amateur
            • Sep 17, 2007
            • 4

            #6
            Re: new member

            Thanks. I sure hope my Dr. will be pleased. I really want to get this right. I have seen the horror of not getting diabetes in control. I watched a neighbor and friend died from problems.

            Comment

            • Coop2004
              Moderator of Bad Girls
              • Mar 14, 2004
              • 2687

              #7
              Re: new member

              Hi belle38663 and welcome to

              We're always here to try to answer your questions (just keep in mind what Bren said about us not being medical professionals).

              LINDA - Female

              Our Baby - "Girl"


              Our New Baby - "Baby Girl"

              Original Bad Girl
              :NewDay "Everyday Is An Adventure" :NewDay

              Comment

              • ttdriver
                • Mar 13, 2005
                • 6308

                #8
                Re: new member

                Welcome Belle! I believe you have found a gold mine in Atkins. As you may or may not know, it was Dr. Atkins personal mission to end the diabetes / obesity epidemic. He used to refer to it as "diabesity" .. The man *knew* his stuff and he LIVED it for nearly 40 years. You are well on your way to overcoming this very curable disease!!!

                Betty
                [/IMG]

                Comment

                • belle38663
                  ADBB Amateur
                  • Sep 17, 2007
                  • 4

                  #9
                  Re: new member

                  Thanks so much for the welcome and support. I understand that the information here doesn't take the place of a doctor. But the suggestions here do help. Doing Atkins I feel better and can do all the things I want to do and need to do.

                  Comment

                  • Coop2004
                    Moderator of Bad Girls
                    • Mar 14, 2004
                    • 2687

                    #10
                    Re: new member

                    Originally posted by belle38663
                    Thanks so much for the welcome and support. I understand that the information here doesn't take the place of a doctor. But the suggestions here do help. Doing Atkins I feel better and can do all the things I want to do and need to do.
                    Please keep us informed on how you're doing!!

                    LINDA - Female

                    Our Baby - "Girl"


                    Our New Baby - "Baby Girl"

                    Original Bad Girl
                    :NewDay "Everyday Is An Adventure" :NewDay

                    Comment

                    Working...