eating out on atkins

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • sweet-like-coco
    replied
    Re: eating out on atkins

    Thank you- i will definitely think twice next time xx

    Leave a comment:


  • liv
    replied
    Re: eating out on atkins

    Originally posted by sweet-like-coco View Post
    Oh no I can't believe it I thought I was being so good as well... I went for the mushroom because it sounded like the most innocent and I asked if they used any sugar in it- i used the diabetic excuse- and the waitress said no. I didnt think to ask abou the meat though.....
    I am not saying you were not good. I am saying it is very tough. At home you can work with one ingredient at a time and learn to deal with it. Restaurants can be difficult.
    Sugar is not always the problem flour and corn starch or syrup may be used as well. Just keep educating yourself and you will be a good restaurant goer.

    Leave a comment:


  • sweet-like-coco
    replied
    Re: eating out on atkins

    Oh no I can't believe it I thought I was being so good as well... I went for the mushroom because it sounded like the most innocent and I asked if they used any sugar in it- i used the diabetic excuse- and the waitress said no. I didnt think to ask abou the meat though.....

    Leave a comment:


  • liv
    replied
    Re: eating out on atkins

    Eating out a lot is often a cause of being overweight. Portions are very big in restaurants. And for us on Atkins they use fillers, sugars and starches. There is often sugars on meat in restaurants.
    I suggest cooking for at home especially in the beginning. That way you become familiar with portions and with labels on food products before you try restaurants.

    And then work with one restaurant at a time. Check out their webpage and menu in advance. Plan what you will order in advance. And ask for substitutes. No starches but steamed veggies with butter instead. Look out for commercial restaurant dressings which are full of sugars.

    Leave a comment:


  • atkinsgal08
    replied
    Re: eating out on atkins

    Did you check their website for nutritional information before you went?

    T.G.I. Friday's® Worldwide: Menus

    What was in the "sauce"?

    And ... what's eaten is eaten, so even if the sauce was suspect, or the steak was seasoned with sugar, it's already been eaten.

    Leave a comment:


  • sweet-like-coco
    started a topic eating out on atkins

    eating out on atkins

    Due to my age and profession I eat out a lot. Today was my first day on atkins and I went to TJI Fridays. I had a rib eye steak with a side salad and wild mushroom sauce and a few prawns. Is this ok for induction?
Working...