Re: I'm soo bored with diet and discouraged
Thanks for the link, I have done a few recipes from her and from the board, cail-mash, cail-pizza, fish cakes with pork rinds, all of which I could eat everyday and all the times! I'm mostly bored with breakfast and snacks, I mostly like a sweet breakfast, some toast with jelly, etc. I never really liked savory breakfasts, I make the flax muffins sometimes, but I am trying to get off splenda a bit, I so wish I could have a jello cup with whipped cream, that would make me so happy!!
I wouldn't mind eating like this if the weight would just come off, but it's pretty slow right now.
Anyway, thanks for the tips!! I just made the cail-pizza, it's very good!
I'm soo bored with diet and discouraged
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
Re: I'm soo bored with diet and discouraged
I've been in your situation before. My first suggestion, and this will go against quite a few peoples beliefs, add your diet coke back in. If it's something that you are really missing use it. My situation, I really missed my diet pepsi something awful and I got bored with the diet. I was eating the same things day after day pretty much and it was my fault for getting into that rut. I added my diet pepsi back in which for me does not stall my loss. By doing that, I eased my frustration and it gave me what I needed to go on. Is the aspartame a legal food? NO but I believe sometimes you should adapt SOME things into your life so you can make this a lifestyle change. I'm not saying add back in the refined carbs, (just clarifying) but I think you would be ok adding back your diet coke. THEN... change it up! If your eating eggs every day, switch to sausage, (example) I got sick of eggs very quickly but I switch it up and go for the sausage when I just don't think I coud stand another egg. Eventually I do go back to the eggs but the break is refreshing and I continue on. I also had gotten in to the rut of either pork chops, steak, or baked chicken thighs for dinner. Was getting sick of it. I found that making stuffed peppers without the rice of course was a nice change. Chicken tenderloins browned, then rolled in parmesan cheese, covered in my home made tomato sauce and topped wih mozzarella cheese is a wonderful change as well. Try making an egg plant lasagna... egg plant to me taste very mild, you will get a veggie in and it will be smothered under a bunch of good stuff so you may find you don't even taste it.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: I'm soo bored with diet and discouraged
South Beach isn't taboo. It just isn't Atkins.
Here ya go.... no more boredom!
Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home
Leave a comment:
-
I'm soo bored with diet and discouraged
Hey, I've posted on here a few times before for help and all, and I'm thankful for the replys for the past few days I have really been looking into other diet options. I'm not really losing any weight, one day I'll be at 255, the other 250, and I'm not sure what's going on here.
The food choices are so boring to me, now the taste of meat and esp. eggs are disgusting to me, and I was never a vege person, but I do like cumumber. The firt time I did it it seemed so much easier, and even though I was doing it wrong, i.e eating sugered meats, atkins bars and shakes, and diet coke, I still lost alot of weight and was on it for a very long time, 10 months I think. But now it seems so much harder, and I'm bored already. I've been on induction for about two weeks now, but have restarted a few times because I ate some shakes or bars or had diet coke, because I thought I would lose more if I stopped using them, but still I weight 255.
I do want to stay on a diet and lose weight, and I don't think it's good to go from one diet to another, but I have been thinking about south beach, i know that's taboo saying that. I will try my best a while longer and start posting what I eat, but atkins is getting harder and harder for me to do.

Leave a comment: