I'm soo bored with diet and discouraged

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jeremy
    replied
    Re: I'm soo bored with diet and discouraged

    As for snacks, I know this is a sore subject, but the Sussel Stovers candies are a good "fix" when you want something sweet and don't want to derail your diet. They have not effected me in a negative way and have made this diet doable for me.

    I love the "jalapeno poppers" that we can have. (Halved seeded pepper, cram cheese and bacon, bake till pepper is soft.) They really hit the spot fr me. I am about to try some stuffed mushroom caps with spicey sausage, cream cheese, green onions and spinich. I am thinking they will turn out pretty amazin too. Hope so.

    If you need something for a microwabable quick snack, Tysons or one of the frozen food people make unbreaded buffalo wings that you can zap in the microwave at only 1 carb per serving. Check the back of the package to make sure about carb count though.

    Leave a comment:


  • Elizellen
    replied
    Re: I'm soo bored with diet and discouraged

    How much more weight do you need to lose, Biba? What sort of metabolic resistance to weightloss did your first 14 days on induction show?

    It might be time to move to the main weightloss phase of atkins and see how you do.

    Leave a comment:


  • liv
    replied
    Re: I'm soo bored with diet and discouraged

    That is the spirit!!
    Have you tried to post a menu? I know it went well for you when you were 16 but time can really do a number on us and we may have to change things around a bit. Try telling us what you are having and maybe we have some ideas to help you.

    There are many low carb diets and when it comes to extreme Atkins is not even close in my opinion. There was one really bad one a few years ago - it is still around - the people were virtually told to eat nothing but lean protein. It ruined people's metabolisms. We are aiming for a balance with Atkins. And we really only cut carbs very low for two weeks and then we add stoff back.

    I hope you find something that works for you. I can tell you are trying. Hang in there.

    Leave a comment:


  • Biba21
    replied
    Re: I'm soo bored with diet and discouraged

    And to Beekel, thank you, I am focused, I'm not really craving anything. Like I said I'm just a bit bored with the diet, and I have lots of headaches! I'm trying to hold out, I guess I should find some more recipes.

    Leave a comment:


  • Biba21
    replied
    Re: I'm soo bored with diet and discouraged

    Thank you for all the advice and everything, I am trying to focus and be strong, it's not like I'm thinking about quitting and eating a bunch of junk food again, that's how I ended up big again in the first place! But Atkins does seem to be one of the more extreme low-carb diets out there, I'm trying to hold out and not quit.

    I mean I was on induction for 9 months no problem last time, and that's when I was 16, so I know I can hold out again, I'm just keeping my options open right now, oh and I have these headaches all the time! But I'm still hanging in there.

    Leave a comment:


  • blueberrylady
    replied
    Re: I'm soo bored with diet and discouraged

    I like something sweet in the morning too and find that a big cup of tea with 1 pack of sweetner and a T. of cream is all I need to get me up and moving.

    Leave a comment:


  • mialwebb
    replied
    Re: I'm soo bored with diet and discouraged

    I'm not TELLING you to do these things, just letting you know what works for me. I work alot and am never home, and when I am, I already have so much to do it's hard for me to stand in the kitchen and fix EVERYTHING from scratch. While cool whip does have 2 calories per serving it's still pretty darn tasty. Oh yeah, I do use heavy whipping cream in my coffee (something I didn't give up because I will sleep at work if I do) but it's kinda expensive and I'm trying not to break the bank. Make it easy on yourself and don't think about it so much, try to make some jello everyday so if you get that sweet craving it's ready.Also, I don't know how you feel about pork rinds but when I am super duper hungry and dont have any food already cooked I pop a couple of those with some french onion dip and it holds me over till I can cook a lil something.And......if you like seafood you can play around with your breakfast. I like to buy the frozen pack of crawfish tails from wally world and cookem in butter, add a little onion, bell pepper, and garlic, make a two egg omelet with this inside and top with some parmesan. it's a change from the regular bacon and egg breakfast, and then you can still have some jello for bfast dessert.

    Leave a comment:


  • Milliesman
    replied
    Re: I'm soo bored with diet and discouraged

    I once had a drill instructor give me the most profound advice I have ever had. I had fallen out of one of my first runs due to a terrible cramp in my stomach. My friendly DI dropped back from the pack, stood in front of me and asked in the most pleasant voice "WHAT IN THE $%&* IS WRONG WITH YOU!!" YOUR FALLING BEHIND!!" I looked up from the ground with tears in my eyes and whimpered to him as loud as I could muster "This recruit's stomach is cramping, Sir!" The DI bent over and looked me in the eye real hard for a long time like he was searching my soul for the truth. He then yelled at the top of his lungs these words that I would be fine to carve into my tombstone: "LOCK YOUR SLIMEY LITTLE BODY, THOMAS!! EITHER SUCK IT UP OR QUIT! EITHER YOU WILL SUCCEED OR FAIL, BUT IT IS ALL ON WHAT YOU WANT! YOU CAN FAIL THOMAS, BUT DON'T JUST GIVE UP!! NOW CATCH UP TO REST BEFORE I TEAR YOUR $%&*IN' HEAD OFF!!" Looking back, I believe I caught up to the group and finished the run because I thought he would actually tear my head off. But I'll never forget what that man taught me. It's up to me and you too. Do what you have to do, but throw it all out there. If you fail, that's okay. But go down swinging. Good luck and I hope you do okay.

    Leave a comment:


  • liv
    replied
    Re: I'm soo bored with diet and discouraged

    I love this diet. Everytime I walk in front of a full size mirror, I send a small thank you thought to Dr Atkins. What a brave guy he was to come out and go agaist the norm and what a gift to so many of us.
    I cannot believe I was able to lose that pesky weight and get to where I am. And for me only low carb was able to that. I would not exchange that feeling I have when I realize I look kind of good with any doughnut it the world.
    I am not saying it is easy. But to me it was easier than anything else I tried.

    Leave a comment:


  • Debie
    replied
    Re: I'm soo bored with diet and discouraged

    Originally posted by mialwebb View Post
    You want some jello and whip cream? HAVE SOME! Just make sure you get the sugar free jello and the ready whip,(ready whip has less carbs than cool whip). In the past I was going through the same things but now I visit food network and recipe zaar, also martha stewarts website. there are some really good low carb recipes on those sites. I also buy one tub of chocolate cool whip every two weeks (it really helps) and when i have a chocolate craving it does the job. Don't give up!

    Personally I recommend you use Heavy Cream (but stay within the allowance), you can whip it. It is much better than cool whip and ready whip. Just my 2 cents

    Leave a comment:


  • mialwebb
    replied
    Re: I'm soo bored with diet and discouraged

    You want some jello and whip cream? HAVE SOME! Just make sure you get the sugar free jello and the ready whip,(ready whip has less carbs than cool whip). In the past I was going through the same things but now I visit food network and recipe zaar, also martha stewarts website. there are some really good low carb recipes on those sites. I also buy one tub of chocolate cool whip every two weeks (it really helps) and when i have a chocolate craving it does the job. Don't give up!

    Leave a comment:


  • Zarabelle
    replied
    Re: I'm soo bored with diet and discouraged

    Originally posted by Biba21 View Post
    Thanks for the link, I have done a few recipes from her and from the board, cail-mash, cail-pizza, fish cakes with pork rinds, all of which I could eat everyday and all the times! I'm mostly bored with breakfast and snacks, I mostly like a sweet breakfast, some toast with jelly, etc. I never really liked savory breakfasts, I make the flax muffins sometimes, but I am trying to get off splenda a bit, I so wish I could have a jello cup with whipped cream, that would make me so happy!!

    I wouldn't mind eating like this if the weight would just come off, but it's pretty slow right now.

    Anyway, thanks for the tips!! I just made the cail-pizza, it's very good!
    I made the recipe below last night. It would make the perfect sweet breakfast - it tastes like a sweet quiche.

    note to say, I prefer non-baked cheesecake so wouldn't agree it's the best in the world as claimed but it would make a good breakfast.

    Leave a comment:


  • Beekel
    replied
    Re: I'm soo bored with diet and discouraged

    Not to sound rude but focus. I too aggree veggies and meat aren't always what I want to reach for when I'm hungry but what do you want more? You will also find that if you go strict with the diet and don't do the "just one bite" you will be free of cravings and temptation in no time. I have found that if I let the food thoughts run my life I feel trapped and fall off. When I became determined and didn't care if the food was good or not I found freedom. Sometimes I finish a meal and will say "Now that's eating to live". Today for example nothing sounded good and I had to just eat the combination of foods that would make my body work for me. At this point I look at myself more as a machine and it needs only certian things in specific quantities.

    Leave a comment:


  • AlaskaGirl
    replied
    Re: I'm soo bored with diet and discouraged

    Originally posted by Biba21 View Post
    Thanks for the link, I have done a few recipes from her and from the board, cail-mash, cail-pizza, fish cakes with pork rinds, all of which I could eat everyday and all the times! I'm mostly bored with breakfast and snacks, I mostly like a sweet breakfast, some toast with jelly, etc. I never really liked savory breakfasts, I make the flax muffins sometimes, but I am trying to get off splenda a bit, I so wish I could have a jello cup with whipped cream, that would make me so happy!!

    I wouldn't mind eating like this if the weight would just come off, but it's pretty slow right now.

    Anyway, thanks for the tips!! I just made the cail-pizza, it's very good!
    Why don't you move up to the next rung and also start trying some other recipes?

    I hear you on the bored thing- I have been there a few times or so and you will get sick of it. You need more variety. Have you tried the cream cheese pancakes. I haven't made them this lately but do a search for the recipe. It is like heaven in your mouth add a dolop of sf maple syrup & you will love it.

    I have tried many of Lindas recipes and some are excellent. You will find your new favs. Maybe you should try the new Truvia (stevia) sweetner?

    I am not on extended induction but last time I stayed there for about 7 weeks. It did not help the weight come off any quicker for me. I am trying to get to rung 3 (Saturday) and then I will stay there for a few weeks.

    I have the South Beach book and it is similar to Atkins if you are doing Atkins by the book.

    PS/ Take the 250 and leave the 255 in your past. Start using a tape measure. Also I used to find the challenges very motivating. I need gto find one myself.

    Hang in there

    Julie

    Leave a comment:


  • flpooh19701
    replied
    Re: I'm soo bored with diet and discouraged

    Originally posted by Biba21 View Post
    I so wish I could have a jello cup with whipped cream, that would make me so happy!!
    There are quite a few people that have sugar free jello with whipped cream in moderation and they (myself included) do fine with it.

    Leave a comment:

Working...