Re: wHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO CELEBRATE WHEN YOU REACH YOUR GOAL?
I have no idea. It's been well over a decade since I've been thin and I really forget what that's like. There are so many things that I've passed up because of my weight that I'm sure I'll have no problem thinking of something though.
I guess I wasnt confident and didnt feel good then but today I dont do it at all... I feel good about myself and feel beautiful which is a great feeling.
Thanks Sham, Isn't it great to have the confidence in yourself? I am still getting there, but it is such a good feeling to be reaching that goal!
Re: wHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO CELEBRATE WHEN YOU REACH YOUR GOAL?
Hi Mary your hubby sounds really nice and I know how you feel I used to be so paranoid that when I was out with my hubby I would constantly see if he was looking at others and if he looked just abit I would have a go at him and say "why are you staring at her" and would make a big deal.I guess I wasnt confident and didnt feel good then but today I dont do it at all and if someone looks at him I think "look however long you want his all mine and gonna stay mine" because I feel good about myself and feel beautiful which is a great feeling.
Re: wHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO CELEBRATE WHEN YOU REACH YOUR GOAL?
50# Loss---Get a great Massage
When I reach Total Goal Weight---
Knowing that when I am walking with my handsome husband, he will be proud to walk next to me. (I know right now---he walks next to me, but wishes I were thinner) and be able to look the girls straight in the eye with pride and confidence that are still checking him out.
Family Portrait it a great idea...(hope my double chin will not be too noticeable even after the weight loss.)
Buy some great clothes that I have missed out on, especially some to compliment the great jewelry I have, but have not worn for awhile, because the clothes I have been wearing just don't go with a lot of it.
Hubby so happy with my current loss of 29#, he bought me a great necklace and earring set this weekend. Colors of peacock feathers!
We were passing through the jewelry dept and he stopped and said, "Hey this would look great on you!" (I guess the Atkins is working...LOL!)
I certainly will have more and will update in the future.
Everybody feel good about yourself, be happy, and be healthy!
~Mary
Re: wHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO CELEBRATE WHEN YOU REACH YOUR GOAL?
When I started Atkins I kept a jar and popped $5 into it for each pound lost to be used on a ridiculously hot outfit of my choosing for an evening out when I reached goal... really felt (and looked) fantastic when I got there... can be any amount of money down, but it really was great to see that jar fill up
Re: wHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO CELEBRATE WHEN YOU REACH YOUR GOAL?
Hi stephbob that camera sounds good Im into stuff like that too and yes if you get to your goal then a treat is right and the camera is what you want so hey save up for it.Good luck with getting to your goal.
Hi DRIVEN most of us do prefer clothes(new ones) even me I guess it makes us feel good when we see the results and the sizes are smaller.Good luck to you too.
COME ON THE REST OF YOU..............................................
Re: wHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO CELEBRATE WHEN YOU REACH YOUR GOAL?
When I reach my goal, I plan to buy all the clothes I've wanted to wear that make fat guys look like crapola. My body issues are pretty substantial, so by then I also hope to have shed the BS and feel more comfortable with myself.
Re: wHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO CELEBRATE WHEN YOU REACH YOUR GOAL?
My silly goal is to toddle along the beach in a bikini. I don't care if I reach my goal in January, I will be at St Petes beach in my skimpies!
My serious goal is to treat myself to the top of the range camera I've been drooling over for years. It costs about $5000 so I also need the time to save for it lol. I keep looking at it online, and I'm SOO tempted to put it on my credit card (which would be a bad idea anyway!) but because I want it so much, I'm going to use it as a temptation to get to goal of 120 lbs
Sham, I have to disagree...I'm more excited to wear my old clothes that have been boxed up since college - no matter how out of style I'll be!!
Me, too! I started breaking out clothes that were at least 15 years old, and got so many compliments! Everyone was making comments about me buying so many "new" clothes! LOL In truth I only bought two brand new outfits--the rest I picked up for a song at Goodwill and Salvation Army.
Re: wHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO CELEBRATE WHEN YOU REACH YOUR GOAL?
I was thinking of becoming either a porno star, male model, fitness model or...just joking. Morally I abhor pornography or anything that exploits women. I love women.
My real goal is to wear the jeans I have in the closet: 31"W X 32 "L. My old Levi 501's. I have so many of them.
Last edited by neutronnorman; July 19, 2009, 09:27 AM.
Leave a comment: