6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mitzimarie
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    You are so very welcome, my friends!

    Leave a comment:


  • blueberrylady
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    And I just wanted to say that I finally got my printer working and copied the nutritional worksheet that Mitzi gave us the link to. It's something I will use a lot so thanks, Mitzi!

    Leave a comment:


  • Sherri
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Congrats Challengers!
    I just wanted to share that I didn't try a new veggie in this challenge but did prepare one differently. I baked sliced tomatoes with parmesian cheese. I'll be eating this again and again. So good!
    Thank you Mitzi Girl for this awesome Challenge. I look forward to the next one next year.
    Love you bunches, Sharon Sherri xo}{

    Leave a comment:


  • sham
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Really enjoyed the challenge and will definately sign up again.

    Leave a comment:


  • mitzimarie
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Aw, you guys are the BEST!

    Thank you, thank you, thank you for participating in the Challenge!

    Leave a comment:


  • sallyseachange
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Thanks Mitzi for all your hard work hosting this challenge! It was really good fun... and that was largely down to you!
    Looking forward to the next one in May.

    Leave a comment:


  • Fancy1952
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    WOO-HOO!!! Look at all of us go! Wonderful to see so many winners

    I finally found some fennel yesterday (called anise around here!) so I'm going to try my "new vegie" recipe. It calls for a crust so I'm going to use the Taco Bake crust from Linda's site. I'll let you know how it turns out and post the recipe on the Recipe forum....now, 'scuse me while I eat my "turnip pancake"

    See you in May, Suzanne

    Leave a comment:


  • barrnone
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    thanks mitzie - this really means alot to me! Appreciate your kindness. I look forward to the May challenge!

    Leave a comment:


  • mitzimarie
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Hello, once again!

    I'm here to post a list of those who have successfully completed the 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge. I'm still waiting for a reply from someone, but am going to post the names of those who were successful.

    Blueberrylady - OWL
    Earth_Joy- Induction
    Fancy1952 - OWL
    Georgiana - OWL
    gonnabskinny - Induction
    gumby87 - OWL
    imagood1 - Induction
    jimmie 48 - OWL
    JulieB - OWL
    kntrylady - OWL
    LittleLinda - Induction
    liv - OWL
    lucyloo - Induction
    mitzimarie - Maintenance
    mizski - OWL
    RosieC - OWL
    sallyseachange - Maintenance
    Sham - Induction
    Sherri - Induction
    Whatsername - OWL

    I want to give an Honorable Mention to barrnone for her honesty in reporting totals on Friday. You rock!

    Each of you should be very proud of your accomplishment! I want to thank everyone for the discussion and the great recipes. I will definitely be trying them.

    I hope that each of you enjoyed the challenge as much as I did. And I want to see you back here in May, OK?
    Last edited by mitzimarie; November 16, 2009, 06:13 PM. Reason: to add Sherri's name to the list!

    Leave a comment:


  • sallyseachange
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Saturday: 26 g net veggie carbs from:

    Tomato, fennel, lettuce, celery, carrot, onion, brocoli, mushrooms, eggplant.

    Leave a comment:


  • imagood1
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    I finally got to eat one of my "new veggies" tonight....I know - a day late but hey, I tried it!! It's bok choy -- was pretty good! Will definately have it again. Mitzi thanks so much for hosting this challenge again - you do such a good job keeping everyone motivated.

    Leave a comment:


  • mitzimarie
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Thanks for checking in, everyone. I love reading your posts. Today was a big day for my family, and this is the first chance I've had to sit down all daly. I'll be back tomorrow to talk, and post the final list of winners.

    Thanks again for participating - I really enjoyed it.

    Leave a comment:


  • sham
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Really enjoyed the challenge and loved all the vegies I ate.
    Even though the challenge has ended its 12net carbs today and I had spinach,cucumber,lettuce and some green pepper.

    Leave a comment:


  • Georgiana
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Dawn, we all have occasional bad days... even when we plan the day right, like you did. Nice job on making up for it today!

    Linda, I see your elephant (was that an elephant?) is gone. Nice new avatar!

    Leave a comment:


  • barrnone
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    I have to admit I failed this challege did really well up until yesterday. Mushrooms in an omelette for breakfast, broccoli for lunch...and that was it Had a ton of fresh veggies to snack on thru out the day at work, but was so busy - never did eat them. Came home, made supper - but got interrupted and needed to help my daughter and never did get around to eating.

    But, making up for it today - I know it's too late! Just made my self a brat on the foreman grill, ate it on steamed peppers and onions - then added a little mayo and horseradish - mm mm good.

    Thanks for this challenge...I look forward to the next one. Now I have to go back and print off all these fabulous recipes - great thread!

    Leave a comment:

Working...