6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Earth_Joy
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Today I have had 12 nc of veggies.

    Breakfast: 4 slices of peppered Turkey bacon (lllloooovvvve this stuff).

    For Lunch: I had a cobb salad with avocado, tomato, bacon, lettuce, beets (I just realized they are pre-maint...but, I love them and only had 1/8c if that), grilled chicken.

    Dinner: I will probably have pulled pork.

    Leave a comment:


  • Georgiana
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Sorry for the late post, Mitzi. School is crazy this week.

    Wednesday


    23 net carbs from veggies
    tomatoes, garlic, green beans, romaine, red pepper

    Thursday

    28 net carbs from veggies
    green beans, tomatoes, garlic, onion, cucumbers, romaine, red and yellow pepper

    Friday

    22 net carbs from veggies already... so I'll stop counting
    turnip, onion, cucumbers, mache, arugula, garlic, tomatoes and pumpkin

    The plan for dinner is to have have steamed cod with Hollandaise sauce and kohlrabi pancake.

    Leave a comment:


  • gonnabskinny
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Yesterdays results for me:
    23 net carbs
    14 net carbs from veggies

    Lunch - Tuna Melt over Roma Tomatoes
    Dinner - Chicken Salad with celery and onions as well as dinner salad with 2 cups lettuce, 3 cherry tomatores, 5 slices cucumber, 5 slices, mushrooms, 6 olives, and 1 small slice of onion with blue cheese dressing.

    Leave a comment:


  • barrnone
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    I don't think radishes are sweet, but have a little bite to them...I like to eat a tomato after a radish, calms my mouth

    Veggies for 11/12 - 17.2 nc
    jicama, onion, cauliflower, celery, broccoli, red pepper, radish, tomato

    Leave a comment:


  • LittleLinda
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    I had radishes for the first time ever today. Not too bad. Are the a little sweet or is it just me?

    13.2g for Thursday

    Leave a comment:


  • mizski
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Originally posted by mitzimarie View Post
    Wow, squid? Your food really is interesting... I am impressed.
    They had some fresh, cleaned squid tubes at the fish market. Went in for haddock but couldn't resist them.

    Sliced them up in rings so they're like naked calamari. The trick is to quick saute them for only a minute or two or they turn into elastics.


    Thurs. Nov. 12: 21 net veggie carbs

    Breakfast was mashed pumpkin (w/butter, cinnamon) and grilled boneless pork loin chop (minute chop) with a drizzle of SF maple syrup over all.

    Lunch: bison burger with roasted red bell peppers and sauteed cremini mushrooms finished with a drizzle of walnut oil.

    Supper: Baked haddock with zucchini. Small red lettuce and cuke salad.

    Leave a comment:


  • liv
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Had a nice veggie day
    pumpkin (breakfast), left over thai soup with mushrooms (lunch), tomato, mushrooms, lettuce, cucumber and squash with my burger (and ketchup - I think it is a veggie )
    22 net
    No idea what I am making tomorrow. Plenty of good ideas in this thread. I think I will have a look around.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kntrylady
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Thanks Mitzi for the concern. I'm fine, just stranded for 3 hours waiting for the tow truck to come change a trailer tire. I didn't bring food since I was going to the STORE so I was really hungry. It made for interesting food shopping. Now I know better. I will always have snacks with me, even if I go down the road

    And I'm curious. You say you can't eat radishes. I wonder if cooking them (frying) would change how you react to them?

    Leave a comment:


  • Kntrylady
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Wow, I feel like I'm turning into a vegetarian !!! By the time I eat all my veggies, I can hardly eat anything else. So I tried the Stir-fry Daikon recipe I posted earlier, and I must say, I loved it folks. With the soy, chili oil, and splenda, it made an Asian tasting dish. Still crunchy, but not radish hot. For me, it's a keeper !! And that made my new veggie (Daikon radish) and new recipe too.

    Today's veggies...
    Breakfast - tomato in my 2 egg omelet
    lunch - celery, scallion (in my egg salad)
    Dinner - stir fry Daikon , 2 oz roast beef
    snack - raw cauliflower, 2 celery sticks
    29 - 12 = 17.... whew, I did it

    Leave a comment:


  • Sherri
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Wednesday November 11 ~ 12 grams net carbs
    Breakfast- mushrooms, green onions. bell pepper
    Lunch- lettuce,cucumber,avacado
    Dinner- yellow squash, lettuce

    Thursday Novenber 12~ 14 frams of net carbs
    Breakfast- jalepenos, mushrooms
    Lunch- lettuce, tomatoe, cucumber
    Dinner- brocolli, squash, lettuce,avacado

    Leave a comment:


  • mitzimarie
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Originally posted by gumby87 View Post
    I'm not feeling so great right now.
    Oh, Tammy I hope that you feel better soon.

    My stats for today:
    Breakfast - grape tomatoes
    Snack - jicama
    Lunch - pumpkin
    Snack - red bell pepper
    Dinner - spaghetti squash

    259 calories
    60g total carbs - 23.6g fiber = 36.4g net veggie carbs
    2.4g fat
    8.8g protein

    Tomorrow's the last day... hang in there, fellow challengers!

    Leave a comment:


  • gumby87
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Just squeaking in at 17.5 net carbs for today.

    Tried frying up some eggplant using a little almond flour and parmesan cheese...it was good, but probably not something I'll make again. The last few bites kind of got to me.

    Also made some cauliflower mash tonight, which was really tasty, but for some reason my body doesn't seem to be handling cauliflower very well lately. I'm not feeling so great right now.

    I also had some peppers, brussel sprouts and salad today.

    Leave a comment:


  • mitzimarie
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Originally posted by Whatsername View Post
    I am a picky eater and want to try asparagus for my "new" veggie. I have had it before but not in a long time and I have never made it (or bought it...so not sure whether to get fresh and expensive asparagus or the canned kind).
    I am always amazed at just how different each of our tastes are... one person's can be another person's

    Having said that, I will say this about asparagus. The only kind I had ever been exposed to pre-Atkins, was the canned kind. My husband absolutely LOVES canned asparagus and will sit down and eat a whole can of it at a time. He puts a dollop of mayo on top of it, and it is a treat for him. It his It's my

    I LOVE the fresh kind... he doesn't. He likes his mushy (which the canned is), and I don't like mush. I like to toss them in olive oil and roast them in the oven, or I have "fried" them in a combo of butter/olive oil in a pan on the stovetop. Love those crispy tops!

    Oh, yeah - be warned... it will make your pee smell funny. This is because it contains the amino acid asparagine. It's completely harmless, and both the canned and the fresh varieties will do it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Whatsername
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    18 net carbs. I had butternut squash too . I know I am not at that rung yet but I wanted something that was more carbs/lower amount of the veggie. I agree with Julie that this is harder than I thought it would be, but in a good way.
    For breakfast, I made a small individual sized quiche with broccoli and cheese (with a little extra broccoli on the side). The squash at lunch, then just salad with dinner.
    I am a picky eater and want to try asparagus for my "new" veggie. I have had it before but not in a long time and I have never made it (or bought it...so not sure whether to get fresh and expensive asparagus or the canned kind).

    Jane

    Leave a comment:


  • mitzimarie
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Originally posted by Fancy1952 View Post
    as well as a little (2 oz.) Butternut squash,
    Hey, Suzanne ~ did you know that butternut squash is a Rung 8 veggie? I think someone in each challenge is surprised to find out that butternut and acorn squashes are both starchy veggies in Rung 8. Two ounces isn't very much, though.

    Leave a comment:

Working...