6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mitzimarie
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Originally posted by sham View Post
    I didnt use to eat much vegies now Im adding them to everything and Im craving sprouts totally love them with some spices on cooked in butter and garlic.
    This is so exciting! I think many people (myself included) occasionally slip or get lazy about eating as many veggies as they should. To me, that is the beauty of this challenge... it forces us to be conscious of the exact number of net veggie carbs we are eating. Most people think they are eating more than they are, and others just get out of the habit. But it is my understanding that in any given phase of Atkins, most of your net carbs should be in the form of veggies. They are so nutritious, provide fiber, and improve the variety of your menu. Good stuff!
    Last edited by mitzimarie; November 13, 2009, 08:19 PM. Reason: typo

    Leave a comment:


  • mitzimarie
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Originally posted by lucyloo View Post
    Will be starting OWL next week so this has been a wonderful way to pay attention to my veggie intake Great Challenge!!
    Oh, Lucy! This was the perfect week for you to do the Veggie Challenge. Moving to Rung 1 is all about adding 5g net carbs worth of veggies, and this week certainly did give you practice on how to be more aware of your veggie intake. I'm so proud.

    Leave a comment:


  • mitzimarie
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
    I had radishes for the first time ever today. Not too bad. Are the a little sweet or is it just me?
    Originally posted by barrnone View Post
    I don't think radishes are sweet, but have a little bite to them...
    Exactly how I would describe them - I love the bite!

    Leave a comment:


  • Fancy1952
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Had my turnip pancake for breakie... again, I love it! Had a rather blah lunch of steamed broccoli with melted cheese on top. The chicken I had bought to go with, went into the garbage, yuck, very dried out. Supper was much better, I did Linda's Parmesan Chicken, minus the melted butter, "fried cabbage" and a wee bit of butternut squash (2 oz.) So my total net vegie carbs today were 26.6.

    Suzanne

    Leave a comment:


  • mitzimarie
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Originally posted by Kntrylady View Post
    And I'm curious. You say you can't eat radishes. I wonder if cooking them (frying) would change how you react to them?
    I really, really love radishes. And I used to eat them all of the time, even though they made me burp. But I haven't had them since summer before last. For a family vacation, we drove to Stone Mountain in Georgia (I live in Louisiana). Well, I was the gung-ho little Atkineer and brought lots of baggies of veggies in a cooler for snacks, and radishes were among them. After eating a serving of them, the burping started... It wouldn't have been so bad, except that in that closed up car, um... how can I put this delicately... you could actually smell my burps. I didn't say anything, but DH asked all of a sudden, "What in the h*ll is that smell?". I just shrugged. Later in the day, I tried snacking on them again. Same question out of DH. So it was confirmed... it WAS actually me stinking up the car. I was mortified.

    LOL - sorry for TMI! Radishes always make me think of that day. No other veggies make me burp as much as they do. I love them, but they don't love me. I've only had daikon cooked, and it didn't do it to me nearly as bad as the little red radishes. I don't know if that's because they were cooked, or just because they were daikon.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sherri
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Friday November 13

    Breakfast- mushrooms
    Lunch- brocolli, onion, yellow squash
    Dinner, avacado, lettuce,tomato,green onion, cucumber, zuchinni

    Total- 17 net carbs
    Hey Mitzi girl!!
    Thank you for hosting this great challenge once again. I never want to miss one.
    I didn't try a new veggie. I've tried so many it was difficult to find one lol.
    Thanks again sweetie, Another success!
    Love ya, Sharon Sherri xo

    Leave a comment:


  • jimmie 48
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    28.1 for me on friday

    mitzi, my totals for the week are listed below, just in case there was any backtracking to be done.

    monday 46.7
    tuesday 19.1
    wednesday 49
    thursday 24.9
    friday 28.1

    and thank you! for hosting the challenge again! you know how much i appreciate it.

    Leave a comment:


  • imagood1
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    15 net carbs for me today!!!

    I ate: colored peppers, green onion, salsa, poblemo pepper, turnips and salad

    Leave a comment:


  • gumby87
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    18.5 net grams for me today.

    I ate a little green onion, brussel sprouts, radish, avocado, turnips, peppers, and some salad veggies.

    I've really enjoyed the challenge this week. It's made me look at veggies in a whole new way! I think I'll try to keep it up for awhile.

    Leave a comment:


  • JulieB
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Hi - I did a little better today: 26.8

    I never did find daikon radishes...but I'll keep looking

    Leave a comment:


  • mitzimarie
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Greetings, Fellow Challengers!

    Thanks for all of the posts... please keep them coming. I'm just checking in real quick to let you know that I'm still running around, but will settle in and spend some time here this evening.

    You all have been great!

    Leave a comment:


  • mizski
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Last day, Friday, Nov 13: 29g net veggie carbs

    Baked tomato egg nests for breakfast

    Spinach & mushroom tortilla for lunch

    NEW VEGGIE: grilled leeks for dinner

    Although I liked the sound of "leeks and beaks" I thought these really needed a stronger tasting meat. Lamb would have been nice but don't have any. Sooo...had them with spicy chicken livers.

    I was hoping to put up pics & recipes with these dishes. Hope to do that later tonight.
    Last edited by mizski; November 13, 2009, 04:07 PM. Reason: correct date; it's Friday the 13th!!! :)

    Leave a comment:


  • RosieC
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Friday

    Breakfast
    omelette with tomato & onions, 2.6 veggie net carbs

    Lunch
    salmon on salad: lettuce, celery, cucumber, avocado, 5.8 veggie net carbs

    Dinner
    roast chicken with cauliflower & courgette, 11.3 veggie net carbs

    Total veggie net carbs 19.7g

    Great challenge!

    Leave a comment:


  • sham
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Hi today Friday total net carbs 13.
    Enjoyed mushrooms,green pepper,brussel sprouts(my favourite).

    I didnt use to eat much vegies now Im adding them to everything and Im craving sprouts totally love them with some spices on cooked in butter and garlic.

    Leave a comment:


  • lucyloo
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    14nc today. Asperagus, cucumber, red pepper, tomato, avecado, 2 cups lettuce. Will be starting OWL next week so this has been a wonderful way to pay attention to my veggie intake Great Challenge!!

    Leave a comment:

Working...