6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mitzimarie
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Originally posted by RosieC View Post
    New way of preparing a vegetable:

    I actually did this on Monday ...
    I fried cabbage and ate it with eggs ... never had fried cabbage before!
    It was great!
    I love it... And so easy!

    Leave a comment:


  • mitzimarie
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Originally posted by Whatsername View Post
    pumpkin (M.U.P--my kids love that )
    MUP rules! I've been eating it everyday.

    Leave a comment:


  • mitzimarie
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Originally posted by mizski View Post
    Spicy squid on a bed of bean sprouts & scallions for dinner.
    Wow, squid? Your food really is interesting... I am impressed.

    Leave a comment:


  • gumby87
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    18.2 Net grams for today.

    Ate Linda's Chile Relleno casserole for breakfast, Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes, along with a turnip "pancake" (my new favorite veggie!) I then had leftover spaghetti squash with chicken breast for lunch and green beans with dinner.

    Leave a comment:


  • mitzimarie
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Originally posted by Fancy1952 View Post
    It's just getting light out, I've finished my exercises, and soon I'm going to walk Lincoln, since he missed a good walk yesterday.
    Suzanne! I haven't been exercising lately, and boy does it show. I'm soft. I need to follow your example.


    Originally posted by Fancy1952 View Post
    The fibre is to keep the Diverticulosis at bay...seems to work for me
    Ah, I see. It's great that you've found something that works.


    Originally posted by Fancy1952 View Post
    But, when I compared the can of crushed tomatoes with another brand in the pantry, the NoName brand was half the carbs and fiber than the Unico brand I used! Exactly the same ingredients too! It was almost as if Unico had misprinted the label and used the nutritional info for 1 cup instead of 1/2 cup. From now on, I'll be using the NoName brand So, the Unico label stated, per half cup, 11 grams of carbs, and 4 grams of fibre...so 7 net grams and 60 calories. I had a whole cup with the meatballs! Good, but "expensive" in carbs. I'll have to do more comparisons with other brands of crushed tomatoes at the store, to see which label was correct!


    Yeah, I really have to wonder about some of the labels on things. For example, I've compared the labels on canned mushrooms between 4 brands. None of the numbers are consistent... the ingredients are just mushrooms and water, and the contents look exactly alike... and yet, they vary in counts of 1g net carb to 4g net carbs per serving.

    Originally posted by Fancy1952 View Post
    But - again, all the vegies are from the "Other Vegetables" list I need to go shopping for salad ingredients and not spinach, since it's on the "other" list too!


    Since you are in OWL, I wouldn't worry so much with the lists anymore. ESPECIALLY when it comes to spinach. There is so much nutrition packed into those very few carbs. Honestly, it is my humble opinion that spinach should be listed as a Salad veggie, and not an Other veggie.

    Leave a comment:


  • gonnabskinny
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    23 net carbs with 15 net from veggies today.

    Lunch was the rest of my Spicy Chicken Chipotle Salad and a garden salad

    Dinner was a cauliflower casserole with 2 cups of cauliflower, 2 pats butter, 2 tbsp of sour cream, 1 oz of mexican blend cheese, and chunks of ham

    Leave a comment:


  • lucyloo
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    well who knew I'd enjoy brussel sprouts! Made with butter & garlic as suggested, yum yum!! 13 nc today

    Leave a comment:


  • imagood1
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Not real hungry today but I made my veggie pledge!!

    12 carbs of veggies today – including lettuce, onion, salsa, colored peppers, spaghetti squash, celery & radishes

    Leave a comment:


  • jimmie 48
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    i had 17 net before supper time. and at supper time, i had sweet potatoe fries.
    49 total net veg carbs for today.

    Leave a comment:


  • Whatsername
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    20 net carbs. pumpkin (M.U.P--my kids love that ), green beans, salad & broccoli

    Leave a comment:


  • RosieC
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Tuesday:

    Breakfast:
    Eggs, olive oil, flax
    20g onion (1.5)
    40g tomato (1.1)

    Lunch:
    Chicken, oil & vinegar, olives
    30g lettuce (0.5)
    50g celery (1.2)
    55g cucumber (1.7)
    25g tomato (0.7)
    70g avocado (1.3)

    Dinner:
    Salmon, olive oil
    45g tomato (1.3)
    50g courgette/zucchini (1.2)
    200g broccoli (8.0)

    Snack:
    Eggs

    Total veggie net carbs: 18.5g

    Wednesday:


    Breakfast:
    Eggs, minced beef, olive oil, flax
    30g onion (2.3)

    Lunch:
    Chicken, oil & vinegar, olives
    50g lettuce (0.8 )
    60g celery (1.4)
    65g cucumber (2.0)

    Tea:
    Eggs, mayo
    65g avocado (1.2)
    30g lettuce (0.5)

    Supper:
    Minced beef
    60g onion (4.6)
    55g tomato (1.5)
    80g courgette/zucchini (1.8 )
    120g cabbage (3.7)

    Total veggie net carbs: 19.8g

    New way of preparing a vegetable:

    I actually did this on Monday ...
    I fried cabbage and ate it with eggs ... never had fried cabbage before!
    It was great!

    Leave a comment:


  • mizski
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Wed., Nov 11: 23g net veggie carbs

    Easy food day today! Breakfast was leftover broccoli quiche, lunch was leftover cabbage soup.

    Spicy squid on a bed of bean sprouts & scallions for dinner.

    Leave a comment:


  • Fancy1952
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Well, much better day today, except I skipped lunch, #1- I wasn't hungry and #2 - I ate a snack at 11:30. So - breakfast was my delicious turnip pancake, "real" ham (not deli meat), and a piece of halloumi cheese heated in the same pan as the "pancake" was cooking. Here's a link for the cheese. Halloumi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia 6 net vegie carbs
    Snack - 2 flax muffins from Linda's website - These are great!
    Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
    Lunch - well... I already mentioned the lack thereof
    Supper - With the leftover meatball tomato sauce from last night, I had zucchini noodles, and farmer sausage (carb free!). I am nicely full. 18 net vegie carbs.

    Todays grand total - 24 net vegie carbs Todays total net carbs for everything was 31, so that's loads better than yesterday. But - again, all the vegies are from the "Other Vegetables" list I need to go shopping for salad ingredients and not spinach, since it's on the "other" list too!

    See you tomorrow

    Suzanne

    Suzanne

    Leave a comment:


  • sallyseachange
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Wednesday 11th Nov: Salad (lettuce, fennel, arugula, tomato), Peas, tomato sauce
    27 carbs.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sherri
    replied
    Re: 6th SemiAnnual Veggie Challenge

    Tueday November 10
    14 veggie net carbs
    green onions, muchrooms, bean sprouts, bell pepper, brocolli, lettuce, tomato, avacado. cucumber slices

    Leave a comment:

Working...