Do you miss Tacos? Induction friendly recipe with pics!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MotherOfGizmo
    • Apr 01, 2004
    • 13388

    #106
    Re: Do you miss Tacos? Induction friendly recipe with pics!

    We usually just stuff them like you would a regular taco...sometimes ground beef for the meat and sometimes shredded chicken or shredded beef. Shredded lettcues, salsa and sour cream to top them off!

    I've used them with chicken salad and lettuce and tomato as well as tuna salad. I have also stuffed them with scrambled eggs and salsa for breakfast!

    You are only limited by your own imagination!


    5'4"
    45 yrs (F) a.k.a. "Butterbean"
    Start date 5/18/2003
    197/163.5/130

    Comment

    • loana
      ADBB Advocate
      • Apr 15, 2006
      • 764

      #107
      Re: Do you miss Tacos? Induction friendly recipe with pics!

      yummy yummy I will be making this for lunch
      Loana (F) 30years old 5'7"
      been married for 10 years to the love of my life
      Mom of 3 boys
      Brendan(7)
      Ethan (5)
      Dylan(4)




      SW-221(9/15/2009) CW-221 GW-165

      Comment

      • loana
        ADBB Advocate
        • Apr 15, 2006
        • 764

        #108
        Re: Do you miss Tacos? Induction friendly recipe with pics!

        well apparently my pans don't work it all stuck and it chipped when trying to flip it I am trying it ina glass container in oven now
        Loana (F) 30years old 5'7"
        been married for 10 years to the love of my life
        Mom of 3 boys
        Brendan(7)
        Ethan (5)
        Dylan(4)




        SW-221(9/15/2009) CW-221 GW-165

        Comment

        • loana
          ADBB Advocate
          • Apr 15, 2006
          • 764

          #109
          Re: Do you miss Tacos? Induction friendly recipe with pics!

          yay it worked it worked it took forever but got my first taco shell
          Loana (F) 30years old 5'7"
          been married for 10 years to the love of my life
          Mom of 3 boys
          Brendan(7)
          Ethan (5)
          Dylan(4)




          SW-221(9/15/2009) CW-221 GW-165

          Comment

          • Elizellen
            Moderator
            • Apr 22, 2004
            • 16700

            #110
            Re: Do you miss Tacos? Induction friendly recipe with pics!

            Have you got a microwave, Loana?

            I cook my cheese crisps (chips?) in the microwave, so assume you could do the same for the taco shells.
            Wondering how to get 'most' of your net carbs from your induction veggies?
            Take a look at the thread from the latest Veggie Challenge to see how others manage it!



            Check out our Low Carb Recipes website and add to it!!





            F/60 yrs/5ft 5.5" (Though due to collapsing vertebrae I am now only 5'3" - but I refuse to recalculate my BMI )

            Comment

            • loana
              ADBB Advocate
              • Apr 15, 2006
              • 764

              #111
              Re: Do you miss Tacos? Induction friendly recipe with pics!

              wow I never thought of that... I almost never do my bacon on stove I always microwave it until crispy... Thanks yes I do have one I will try that next time the family has tacos it was great to feel like we were eating the same
              Loana (F) 30years old 5'7"
              been married for 10 years to the love of my life
              Mom of 3 boys
              Brendan(7)
              Ethan (5)
              Dylan(4)




              SW-221(9/15/2009) CW-221 GW-165

              Comment

              • HeatherS
                ADBB Amateur
                • Jul 20, 2003
                • 4

                #112
                Re: Do you miss Tacos? Induction friendly recipe with pics!

                I tried this for lunch with my tuna salad. I loved it.

                Thanks
                female
                5' 6"
                215/186/155

                Comment

                • MotherOfGizmo
                  • Apr 01, 2004
                  • 13388

                  #113
                  Re: Do you miss Tacos? Induction friendly recipe with pics!

                  Glad you liked it!

                  Loana, go back thru this thread, there are pictures someone posted of their microwaved version, they look great!


                  5'4"
                  45 yrs (F) a.k.a. "Butterbean"
                  Start date 5/18/2003
                  197/163.5/130

                  Comment

                  • loana
                    ADBB Advocate
                    • Apr 15, 2006
                    • 764

                    #114
                    Re: Do you miss Tacos? Induction friendly recipe with pics!

                    Thanks I will go back
                    Loana (F) 30years old 5'7"
                    been married for 10 years to the love of my life
                    Mom of 3 boys
                    Brendan(7)
                    Ethan (5)
                    Dylan(4)




                    SW-221(9/15/2009) CW-221 GW-165

                    Comment

                    • MotherOfGizmo
                      • Apr 01, 2004
                      • 13388

                      #115
                      Re: Do you miss Tacos? Induction friendly recipe with pics!

                      Bump. I'm making these tonight, I can't wait!


                      5'4"
                      45 yrs (F) a.k.a. "Butterbean"
                      Start date 5/18/2003
                      197/163.5/130

                      Comment

                      • ladyinred
                        ADBB Admiral
                        • Sep 19, 2005
                        • 4187

                        #116
                        Re: Do you miss Tacos? Induction friendly recipe with pics!

                        OMG!! I keep forgetting about these! Thanks Mog. Now I have to go buy some taco fixin's. Know what? The family now wants to eat my cheese ones cuz they look so much better than the store bought ones. Go figure.
                        Female, 46yrs, 5'3"

                        Restarted Atkins 09/19/05
                        Re-restarted Atkins 03/12/07

                        SW198.5/CW215/GW150







                        Slug Free 6WEC#21 & 22 & 23

                        "Superhuman willpower is not required to do Atkins, only the wisdom to put yourself into a position where you won't need it."

                        Comment

                        • MotherOfGizmo
                          • Apr 01, 2004
                          • 13388

                          #117
                          Re: Do you miss Tacos? Induction friendly recipe with pics!

                          Very cool LiR! I forget about these too and then I remember all the sudden and I just have to have them again! yummie!


                          5'4"
                          45 yrs (F) a.k.a. "Butterbean"
                          Start date 5/18/2003
                          197/163.5/130

                          Comment

                          • cathyjobob
                            ADBB Admiral
                            • Jan 05, 2004
                            • 7946

                            #118
                            Re: Do you miss Tacos? Induction friendly recipe with pics!

                            !!!!!

                            Now I know what we're having for supper tonight! Looks amazing!

                            28/F

                            Team Butterfly





                            Comment

                            • cathyjobob
                              ADBB Admiral
                              • Jan 05, 2004
                              • 7946

                              #119
                              Re: Do you miss Tacos? Induction friendly recipe with pics!

                              Originally posted by faith*hope*love
                              I tryed this as a breakfast taco and I was very good, thanks!.

                              You ARE BRILLIANT! That's it...I'm going to try it...now! LOL...

                              28/F

                              Team Butterfly





                              Comment

                              • MotherOfGizmo
                                • Apr 01, 2004
                                • 13388

                                #120
                                Re: Do you miss Tacos? Induction friendly recipe with pics!

                                They're good stuffed with all sorts of things, chicken salad, tuna salad, veggies etc. You are only limited by your own imagination!


                                5'4"
                                45 yrs (F) a.k.a. "Butterbean"
                                Start date 5/18/2003
                                197/163.5/130

                                Comment

                                Working...